Book launch as a prelude to the 4th Planetary Health Academy Lecture Series
20.10.2021 at 8:00 pm
Online: Zoom transmission
At 3 November 2021 starts the 4th lecture series of the Planetary Health Academy. The current series is based on the recently published Reference book "Planetary Health - Climate, Environment and Health in the Anthropocene". and highlights the topic of planetary health from the perspective of different medical specialties - including general medicine, paediatrics, anaesthesia and many more! Click here to go to the Registration.
To kick off the lecture series, the editors Prof. Claudia Traidl-Hoffmann, PD Dr. Christian Schulz, Dr. Martin Herrmann and Prof. Babette Simon will be presenting the 20 October 2021 at 8 pm presented the book. It is the first reference book worldwide to describe the effects of the Anthropocene on almost all fields of medicine. There will be a discussion with Professor Karl Lauterbach (Member of the German Bundestag):
What does the idea of what "a good life" is have to do with the climate crisis? How is the climate already making itself felt in our operating theatres? What impact does global warming have on our youngest patients? Does heat change our personality? Why is there reason for hope?
Registration for the book launch is also possible via the Website of the Planetary Health Academy possible.
Besides exciting answers to these and many other questions, you can expect:
- a free nine-part online lecture series; Wednesdays from 17-18:30 (start 3 November; further dates: 10.11., 01.12., 08.12., 15.12., 12.01., 19.01., 26.01., 02.02.)
- Lectures by over 20 leading experts in the field of Planetary Health
- concrete examples of transformative action
- Possibility of obtaining a certificate of participation and, if applicable, local recognition as a course credit.
- Possibility of recognition as CME training for doctors
The lecture series is aimed in particular at doctors, students, trainees and employees of all health professions, but all other interested parties are also welcome!